Tuesday 17 January 2017

That Word: Flavescent


That Word is the segment on my blog where I post new words that I discover newly or have jumped out at me once again. If you love finding new words this post is for you. If you're a writer looking for different words to describe some this post may also be for you. 


Flavescent 


Where I Discovered it?


A writer's group on Facebook posted this from dictionary.com's word for today. I liked the meaning and thought that it was unique hence it was added to my list for That Word's

Definition/s 

1. Turning yellow; yellowish

An Example Sentence


The flavescent skin held an infection. 

My Opinion


This word reminds my more of flavour which made me think first that maybe it could describe a flavour but instead it describes a colour. I think it’s a cool sounding word for describing the action of turning yellow or yellowish. It’s probably a word I won’t use often but it would be nice to use it sometimes. To me it almost sounds like a posh word. Most likely in part because of its simple meaning.


What do you think? Have you come across this word before? Have you seen it used? Have or would you use it?



No comments:

Post a Comment