Tuesday 13 June 2017

That Word: Zarf





That Word is the segment on my blog where I post new words that have newly discovered or have jumped out at me once again. If you love finding new words this post is for you. If you're a writer looking for different words to describe some this post may also be for you.  


Zarf

This is a zarf

Where I Discovered It


This is another of those words I discovered while playing words with friends. 

Definiton/s

  1. (in the levant) a holder, usually of ornamental metal, for a coffee cup without a handle. 

Example Sentence


Jayden held his cup by the the zarf, raising an eyebrow. He wasn't particularly fond of coffee.

My Thoughts


I love this word word because it is so unique. It is a word I certainly hadn't heard of before. It excites me because I didn't know there was such a thing as a zarf. If someone were to call it be it's actual name I would wonder it was a real word. 

As for how to say it. It sounds just like it looks. 

What are your thoughts? Have you heard of the word 'zarf' before? Have you seen or used it yourself before? Would  you use it if the opportunity came up? Let me know in the comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment