Saturday 10 June 2017

I fell in love... with stories




As a bookworm it's no surprise that I am a lover of stories. In fact I'm not sure I would be able to tell you of a time I wasn't in love with stories. If I'm not reading one or even watching one through t.v shows and movies I'm sure to have one running through my mind. There is one question that I thought would be really interesting to address. 

Why did I fall in love with stories?

Now there really isn't a simple answer to that question. If I was to say it simply it would be this. 

Every story is an adventure.

For me no matter what type of story it is it is an adventure. It doesn't have to be a mystery or a fantasy story even a romance novel brings adventure. 

Why do I think This? 

You open each book likely intrigued by the blurb or maybe the cover has enticed you. Either way you begin to read. You are introduced to characters. They are the story. You are likely on edge trying to guess and imagine what they will do next. Is it a stupid decision where you feel embarrassed for them? Do you agree or disagree with them? Do you think they are making good choices or heading down the wrong path? Are you happy as they are happy, sad as they are sad or trustful and they are trusting and distrusting as they are? Are you in love as they are in love? 

Every story is unique. Every one holds a lesson something to be learned and all are an adventure. We could learn a new love in something we didn't know we had before (not necessarily with a character, either). It could what the story was trying to convey, too. There are so many things you can learn including interesting facts that may or may not ever be relevant but still are cool to know. 


What did you think? Did I convince you that stories are indeed an adventure? Or do you need to try it out more to find out? Remember there are different mediums of stories, find the one you love. Feel free to comment and come back next Saturday for a post on writing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment