Tuesday 6 June 2017

That Word: Twilit


That Word is the segment on my blog where I post new words that I discover newly or have jumped out at me once again. If you love finding new words this post is for you. If you're a writer looking for different words to describe some this post may also be for you.  


Twilit


Where I Found It


This is yet another word that I found on a list on my phone. I think I have a fair idea of what this word could mean, though.

Defintion/s

  1. lighted by or as by Twilight

An Example Sentence


The twilit desert was all anyone could see for miles.

My Thoughts


I think this is a bit of an unusual word. When I first read it and when I read it I do think of the word twilight. However putting it into a sentence is not necessarily easy. The word itself sounds quite similar to twilight, only the ending is different. I think it would be a good word to use to describe something at twilight, however it really would depend on the story to whether I would use it.


What did you think of the word? Is twilit a word you have come across before? Is it one you have used before? Would you use it? Feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts.





No comments:

Post a Comment