Beautiful People is a link up hosted by Cait @Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In. It helps us to get to know our characters and our books better.
This month I am doing Samuel James. I am writing in his Point of View for my camp nanowrimo story this month and these questions helped me to get to know him a bit better. This month I have decided to let Samuel answer them himself. I felt the answers sounded better coming from him.
1. Do they want to get married and/or have children? Why or Why not?
I don't know if I will ever get married. I've never though about it really. I'm not sure if I will ever get the chance. Children, *shrugs* who knows. Maybe. Probably not if I don't get married.
2. What is their weapon of choice? (It doesn't necessarily have to be a physical weapon)Dad never really let me near a weapon. I would like to learn. Maybe. At least it would be a way to defend myself. *Sigh* I don't know.
3. What's the nicest thing they've done for someone else, and why did they do it?The nicest thing I've ever done? Some nice things have been done for. I suppose... I did look after one of the 3 year olds once. He was scared and kind of came up to me. I looked out for him ever since. I didn't want him to get hurt.
4. Have they been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?Physically violent? *raises eyebrows* Umm... Author... help
I don't think you being little and attacking your brother counts.
Umm... okay. Nope, I have no idea.
5. Are they are rule-follower or a rebel?Umm... rule-follower, rebel, rule-follower, rebel, rule-follower, rebel...
Sam? Well as he can't seem to answer I will try. Mostly he needs to be a rule-follower but he yearns to do more than that. I think he would like to rebel. One day.
6. Are they organised or messy?Organised. My room cannot be messy. I'll be in trouble if it is. Plus I need to know where I've hidden my secret things.
I think he would love to be messy though.
7. What makes them feel loved, and who was the last person to make them feel that way?Shadrach. My brother. *Stares off in the distance* He always made me feel loved. I felt moderately safe with him. He just cared for me, knew when I was unhappy and unwell. Made sure I did my back excursuses even when I didn't want to. He checked up on me. *Whispers* More than Dad did.
8. What do they eat for breakfast?Breakfast? That seems random. Okay, what do I have? Mush.
*Shrugs shoulders* Same thing.
9. Have they ever lost someone close to them? What happened?*Looks across at me* Do I have to?
*Gives him stare and doesn't answer*
*looks down and sighs quietly. answer sounds automated* My brother. He had to leave. Couldn't return. I have no idea where he is. I wish I did. *Wistfully adds* I don't know if I will ever see him again.
10. What's their treat of choice? (Or if not food, how else do they reward themselves?)
*Gives a one cornered smile* I love imagining I could fly. When I was younger my Dad found out. I gave him a drawing once of me with wings. He got angry and ripped the picture up. He banned me from doing it. It's the special place I go to in my mind.
So there you have it. This months Beautiful People :).
What did you think of Samuel James? Did you participate in Beautiful People this month?
Also check out :)