Tuesday 27 September 2016

A Time to Die Review







Firstly, thank you to Nadine Brandes and Enclave Publishing for my ebook review copy. 

I've been wanting to read A Time to Die since probably the year it came out when my former youth group leader wrote a post on Facebook about it. It was likely not too much longer after that that I started to follow Nadine's blog. Each time another book comes out I have wished I could join the excitement, but couldn't really at all. With this review opportunity I was really excited for. I have heard so many good things about A Time to Die. 

Honestly even though I have read reviews and knew the blurb of the book I was in no way prepared for what was to come. 



Parvin Blackwater has wasted her life. At only seventeen, she has one year left according to the Clock by her bedside.

In a last-ditch effort to make a difference, she tries to rescue Radicals from the crooked justice system. But when the authorities find out about her illegal activity, they cast her through the Wall -- her people's death sentence.

What she finds on the other side about the world, about eternity, and about herself changes Parvin forever and might just save her people. But her Clock is running out.
 

All You Need To Know


Relating With Parvin

I found it really easy to relate with Parvin and her search for purpose. I'm 17 and at the age where we are expected to know what we want to do. The last couple of years I have had a struggle with exactly what I wanted to do knowing that I have always wanted to be a teacher and realising that I am more passionate about writing stories. In the end with lots of prayer I left it in God's hand and then I suddenly realised that I could do both. I know quite a few of my friends still struggle with knowing what to do and so I totally understand where Parvin is coming from. 


The Other Characters

I really liked what we saw of Reid and only wish there had been more of him in the book. I do wonder exactly what he got up to during his six months away. I feel there is still so much we could learn about him.

Jude. I wasn't really sure whether I liked him or not, but then I did. But there was also a moment where I both liked him and hated him. There is so much to learn about him. I know there is and a moment. There is so much more I would say but I don't want to spoil anything either.

Solomon Hawke. He was kind of there in the beginning and then he was thread throughout. If there's more to learn about Jude there is definitely more to learn about Solomon too. He may be the kindest enforcer I ever meet though. At least we know there is one though. That's a good thing. Isn't it?

Albinos they were interesting and definitely unique. Willow I liked and their culture was interesting but severe.

Skelley Chase well as I wrote in my goodreads update. I hate Skelley Chase and what is it with lemons. Seriously? He is a strange guy.

The Setting

I think the world was so unique, the wall, the two sides so different. I think the new technology was interesting and unique like the emoticon and the tune chip. I think it would be really cool to have a tune chip but not sure I would want one inserted at the same time.

On Wednesday night I had a dream that I was at a bookstore and I was buying A Time to Speak. I think  that's confirmation that I will definitely be continuing the series. It was weird but a good dream for a bookworm.


A Couple of Quotes

I'm starting to love when God lodges thoughts in my head. They come in my own voice, but they're so far from my own doing that I know it's Him. It's such a delicious form of guidance.  - Parvin

- This quote is so accurate for how I feel God talk to me sometimes. It was one of those quotes I just had to write down because it was so totally agreeable. 

The more I strive the more I'm sledge-hammered with surprises. - Parvin


- I loved this one because I also believe that it is accurate. Sometimes life is just all full of surprises. 

A Time to Rise Pre Order Swag!


Overall

It was instant love reading A Time to Die. The further I read the more I didn't know what to expect. What was going to happen to Parvin? Would she survive? What was with that clock of hers? Who's Jude? So many questions, so much I discovered and still need to discover.

In my rating system I would give it an....


A+ 


Almost a week ago now I had a dream where I was in a bookstore and saw A Time to Speak and knew I needed to buy it. I guess that is one way that says I definitely will be buying all the series in hard copy. You can never go past holding a real book. :D


Don't forget if you preorder A Time to Rise you also can get A Time to Rise Pre Order Swag! 

You can connect with Nadine Brandes through her Website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Thanks for reading :)


Have you read A Time to Die or the rest of the Out of Time series? What do you think of them?    



No comments:

Post a Comment